Monday, February 24, 2014

Olympics, Italian Pasta, and Flamenco Dancers

I'm finally starting to feel a little better. I still have this killer cough. Man. HATE sick.

We learned about Russia. Instead of doing some cutesy craft, we just watched the olympics. They are in Russia after all.


We also studied Italy. Did you know they have a witch that brings presents at Christmas? Now you do. We finally got out our pasta making machine. Pasta is not as easy as you might think. I just couldn't get it dry enough. In the last couple of tries I figured out that if I cover it in flour right before I put it in the cutting roller, it cuts nicer. Too bad I didn't figure that out in the beginning.


We studied Spain as well. We made Flamenco Dancers. Idea from here. A little FYI- painting around a toddler is TORTURE to everyone involved.


And since that concludes the last of western Europe (I know Russia's not in the west, but I wanted to do it before the olympics were over.) We recorded our Europe song and will now be learning our E. Europe/Middle East song.




Sadly we did not have science because of sicky sickness. UGH

And of course, we have been getting ready for this play. I have started going full blast on the costumes. Here's Peter Pan and all the pirates:



And it was the family day fair at the Carriage House Museum




No comments:

Post a Comment